Homeowners associations are increasingly common these days, thanks to their ability to protect property value as well as provide enhanced community amenities for a Phoenix, AZ neighborhood. If you’re considering moving to a neighborhood with an HOA, you can expect to enjoy quite a few benefits that might not be available in a neighborhood without one. Here are some of the community engagement benefits and amenities you can expect:
- Maintain your property value: First and foremost, HOA communities maintain their property values more reliably than communities without them. That’s because the goal of the HOA is to maintain or increase value, so everything a well-managed HOA does is designed with furthering that goal in mind. That can take multiple forms, from installing features like pools to encouraging better communication among residents.
- Enhance your community engagement and communication: How many of us really know our neighbors very well these days? Busy schedules make it hard for homeowners to get to know each other, even if they’d benefit from it. With an HOA, you give everyone an opportunity to not only get to know each other, but to take a vested interest in the community as a whole. Community engagement in Phoenix, AZ can include everything from regular meetings to fun social events.
- Increased financial stability: HOAs reserve money for repairs, upgrades and capital improvements, which reduce the likelihood that you’ll need a special assessment for those improvements.
- Fewer nuisances: Everyone has lived near one neighbor who simply won’t move their junk car off the yard or take down their Christmas lights until July 31. HOAs protect your property value by levying fines and enforcing other consequences for those who can’t comply with the basic standards.
- Support for property issues and inspections: When your municipality has an issue with your building, it can be costly and time-consuming to resolve. HOAs add an extra layer of support in case you have to deal with administrative woes.
- Better (and better-maintained) amenities: Plenty of HOAs offer pools, sporting areas, trails and other amenities that make living in the neighborhood more enjoyable. Plus, they’ll be better maintained because your HOA fees help pay for them, whereas your city or county will typically have to look for money for such amenities in their already-stretched budgets.
When you find a well-managed HOA, you might feel like you’ve hit the homeowner jackpot—a particularly great HOA can dramatically improve your experience living in an HOA community.
Encourage community engagement in Phoenix, AZ
If you’re a part of a homeowners association, you too can reap these benefits—but you may need help running it. HOAs have a lot of moving parts and require top-notch management to run smoothly and maximize their value to the members. Thrive Community Management makes it our business to provide happy, stable communities for our HOAs across the Phoenix metropolitan area. If you need help with your HOA, reach out to us today to learn more about our services and what we can do for you.